Re: globcomplete desctroys file completion

Hallo Peter,

Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 20:39:49 +0000
> Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Indeed, comparing with the code in 4.2 (before the $Uopt stuff was added)
>> suggests it should probably be something like the following anyway,
>> though I don't have the set-up to test whether it helps here.
>
> Scratch that, it's simpler---we never want two -s's, we just want to
> ensure $ISUFFIX is there when needed.  This time I do have some evidence
> this is doing better things with GLOBCOMPLETE set than previously.

Now, there's a completion and looks good:

% print -l g*/d*/s*
git/debian/slrn
git/debian/slrn_1.0.0~pre2.orig.tar.gz
git/deborphan/src

(with globcomplete)

% print -l g/d/s<1st TAB>

% print -l git/deb/s<2nd TAB>
                    ^ cursor is here

% print -l git/deb/s<3rd TAB>
default
debian/     deborphan/

% print -l git/debian/slrn/<4th TAB>
default
debian/     deborphan/

% print -l git/debian/slrn_1.0.0\~pre2.orig.tar.gz<5th TAB>
default
debian/     deborphan/

% print -l git/deborphan/src/<6' TAB>
default
debian/     deborphan/

% print -l git/debian/slrn/
default
debian/     deborphan/

Except from that the menu list doesn't match the possible completions,
the completion offers all options. This fixes my problem. Thanks.

SchÃne GrÃÃe, JÃrg.
--
IRC: Der [Prof. Andreas Pfitzmann, TU Dresden] hat gerade vorgeschlagen, sie
  sollen doch statt Trojanern die elektromagnetische Abstrahlung nutzen. Das