Re: Modules on HP-UX

On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 04:30:27PM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On May 7, 10:08pm, Paul Ackersviller wrote:
> } Subject: Re: D07multibyte.ztst failure on HP-UX 11.11
> }
> } BTW, there's one other thing with HP-UX tests I've been ignoring until
> } now, but would like to look at shortly.  They end with:
> } 	rm: cannot remove `Modules/zsh/parameter.so': Text file busy
> } 	rm: cannot remove `Modules/zsh/zutil.so': Text file busy
> } 	rm: cannot remove `Modules/zsh/complete.so': Text file busy
> } 	rm: cannot remove `Modules/zsh/complist.so': Text file busy
> } 	rm: cannot remove `Modules/zsh/computil.so': Text file busy
> } 	rm: cannot remove `Modules/zsh/zle.so': Text file busy
>
> The test script creates a shadow directory with copies of all the
> shared objects so that it has a stable module_path for zmodload.
> HP-UX does paging for shared objects directly out of their files,
> so those files can't be removed while loaded by an application.
>
> It might work to "zmodload -u" the modules before "rm"ing the files.

I tried this on two of the lesser-used modules, namely complist and
zutil, but it made no difference.  It's possible I put the "zmodload
-u" too early, but I can't see a better place than the end of the tests
that do the loading.  I see no problems running zmodload interactively.

P.S.  A tiny documentation nit -- zmodload says modules are usually call
.sl on HPUX, which is true, however the HP build names them .so's anyway.