completion problems with {x,y}

Consider:

0 303 Z% ls
foo.cc		foo.hh		specFooBar.cc	specThingy.cc	specWhatever.cc
0 304 Z% diff spec{<TAB>
specFooBar.cc    specThingy.cc    specWhatever.cc

so far so good. But now look at this:

0 300 Z% diff spec{F<TAB>
gets this
0 304 Z% diff spec{FooBar.cc,
specFooBar.cc    specThingy.cc    specWhatever.cc

instead, recognizing at completing all the way through the .cc is not useful, it should get this:

0 300 Z% diff spec{FooBar,
specFooBar.cc    specThingy.cc    specWhatever.cc

Then this,

0 304 Z% diff spec{FooBar,T<TAB>

gets this

0 304 Z% diff spec{FooBar,Thingy.cc,
specFooBar.cc    specThingy.cc    specWhatever.cc

but should get this

0 304 Z% diff spec{FooBar,Thingy,
specFooBar.cc    specThingy.cc    specWhatever.cc

Also, if we rm specWhatever.cc, we get this:

0 305 Z% diff spec{<TAB>
specFooBar.cc  specThingy.cc

so far so good. But then this

0 305 Z% diff spec{F<TAB>
specFooBar.cc  specThingy.cc

should go all the way to this:

0 305 Z% diff spec{FooBar,Thingy}.cc

because what else could I possibly want from tab completion here?