Re: Weird yodl thing in files.yo

2010/1/21 Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> The yodl source is this:
>
> Commands are first read from tt(zshenv()); this cannot be overridden.
>
> What I get in my compiled documentation is this:
>
> Commands are first read from no; this cannot be overridden.
>
> Er, what?
>
> Doc/version.yo:def(zshenv)(0)(no)
>
> This must be because I configure my devel build with global RC files
> disabled?

configure.ac does this:

ifdef([zshenv],[undefine([zshenv])])dnl
AC_ARG_ENABLE(zshenv,
AC_HELP_STRING([--enable-zshenv=FILE], [the full pathname of the
global zshenv script]),
[zshenv="$enableval"],
[if test "x$etcdir" = xno; then
  zshenv=no
else
  zshenv="$etcdir/zshenv"
fi])
AH_TEMPLATE([GLOBAL_ZSHENV],
[The global file to source absolutely first whenever zsh is run;
 if undefined, don't source anything.])
if test "x$zshenv" != xno; then
  AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(GLOBAL_ZSHENV, "$zshenv")
fi

and later:

AC_SUBST(zshenv)dnl

and same for zshrc, zprofile, zlogin, zlogout.

doc/Makefile.in then does this:

version.yo: $(sdir_top)/Config/version.mk
	( \
	  echo 'def(zshenv)(0)(@zshenv@)'; \
	  echo 'def(zprofile)(0)(@zprofile@)'; \
	) > $(sdir)/version.yo