Re: PATCH: count glyphs in multibyte strings

Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2010-03-25 at 21:35 +0000, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> > I noticed we were missing this capability; not sure how useful it is in
> > practice, but it was straightforward to add.
> >
> > You might want to check my terminology and assumptions about the way
> > Unicode works aren't gibberish.
>
> What about -1 being returned from wcwidth() for non-printable
> characters?  Looks like this is an existing issue.

Yes, it would make a mess of the existing code although the new capability
would handle it better.  I'm not sure whether the right answer is 1 or 0,
but it's not -1.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>            Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070                   Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited