Re: Is this a bug? Why not?

Incidentally, this came up because of a discussion on the POSIX standards
mailing list (austin-group) in which David Korn just asserted that he'd
like to add the syntax ${"var"} which means to expand the value of var
as if it's quoted (what zsh's normal mode does all the time).

This differs from "${var}" because you can write ${"var"-*} and get the
value of $var quoted but the glob pattern unquoted.  Apparently the old
Bourne shell allows the abominable "${var"-*}  (note quote placement
overlapping with brace placement) to accomplish this.

I was hoping to be able to say "Oh, zsh already has syntax XYZ for that"
but in fact we don't -- zsh either always, or never, does it, depending
on the globsubst option; there's no way to flip globsubst on the fly.