Re: vcs_info and locales

Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2010-04-25 at 21:09 +0200, FranÃois Gannaz wrote:
>> >
>> > I have one concern, which leads to the question: is it really necessary
>> > to set LC_ALL instead of LC_MESSAGES?
>>
>> Yes it is. I used LC_ALL here because that was the only one that made "svn
>> info" switch to English when default locale is set to "fr_FR.utf8".
>
> In that case, you already had LC_ALL set, which is why part of my
> proposed solution was to unset it.
>
> I've just tested, and svn behaves as I expect for a locale-aware app:
> LANG is a default, which provides implicit values for LC_<foo> where foo
> is not ALL.  It's overriden by each LC_<foo> if set.  All of those are
> overriden by LC_ALL.

Indeed, LANG is a fallback value used for everything that's
unset. LC_ALL forces every value to its value.

My patch from workers-27908Â should do what Phil proposed. Could you try
if that works for you, FranÃois?  This would give all backends C-locale
messages, which would avoid bugs like this for all of them now and in
the future.

Regards, Frank

 Â - <http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2010/msg00360.html>