Re: Added builtins per runtime

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 1:17 PM, Christoph Kappel <unexist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I want to add new ones per runtime.I am currently trying to maintain a second list
> and call addbuiltin() when I need to add one.

I guess I'm not understanding the question, then.  Can you give an
example of what it means to you to "add new ones per runtime"?  What
would it mean for example.c to "change" the builtins that it defines?

Modules define features, which can be several different kinds of
things including builtins.  None of a module's features is available
until the module is loaded.  Once a module is loaded, you can't alter
the set of features it provides, though the zmodload command can
enable and disable specific features to make them visible or invisible
to the shell.

So typically a module would define several features and the calling
shell script/program would determine which ones it wishes to enable or
disable.  How does that differ from what you are attempting to
accomplish?