Re: vcs_info and locales

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 16:09, Frank Terbeck <ft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Probably true. Although, I'd expect programs you can use for scripting
> to use untempered byte sequences. But then, where is the boundary for
> programs that are used for scripting and pure user-interface programs...
> `svn info' is probably a pretty blurry example already.

While fixing locales is a viable workaround, the root cause is that svn
is not able to present its information in a machine-readable way.

Would it be worthwhile to try and lobby svn etc to support something
like --output text; --output xml (yah, yah, I know) etc?

Everything else feels like a kludge.

Richard

PS: I seem to remember that one or two VCS have something like
this, but that is _very_ dim.