Re: zsh ignores the arguments on its first command.

Thanks, Peter.

You are right that this one is not a bug in zsh (or at least not just zsh).
Sigh... I guess I fell into a shell-quoting trap,
even though I consider myself an expert on that...

Here's one right way to do it:

$ ssh localhost "zsh -fc 'echo 1 2 3; echo 4 5 6'"
1 2 3
4 5 6

The openssh documentation doesn't seem to specify
exactly how a remote command is executed.

Martin

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 14:45, Peter Stephenson