zsh doesn't load HISTFILE from readonly directory

Hi,

if the directory, containing the history file, is not writeable, zsh
doesn't load the data and I've not history. I've no problem that zsh
can't save the file, but I would like to have the history from the file.

% ls -ld /tmp/aaa
dr-xr-xr-x 2 joerg users 80 13. Jun 15:00 /tmp/aaa

% ls -l /tmp/aaa/.z*
-r-------- 1 joerg users 93 13. Jun 15:00 /tmp/aaa/.zhistfile
-rw-r--r-- 1 joerg users 26 13. Jun 15:00 /tmp/aaa/.zshrc

<1,5029>(ibook):~% cat /tmp/aaa/.zhistfile
: 1276430398:1;ls
: 1276430403:0;cd /tmp
: 1276430407:0;ls
: 1276430427:0;exec $ZSH_NAME -$-

% cat /tmp/aaa/.zshrc
HISTFILE=$HOME/.zhistfile

With this version, you get the history.

% HOME=/tmp/aaa zsh
ibook% fc -l
    1  ls
    2  cd /tmp
    3  ls
    4  exec $ZSH_NAME -$-
ibook% echo $ZSH_VERSION
4.3.10

But with this version, the history is empty.

% HOME=/tmp/aaa zsh-beta
ibook% fc -l
    1  fc -l
ibook% echo $ZSH_VERSION
4.3.10-dev-1-cvs0603

Regards, JÃrg
--
Gienger's Law (http://www.bruhaha.de/laws.html):
Die Wichtigkeit eines Newspostings im Usenet ist reziprok zur Anzahl der