Re: "cdr" function for recent directories etc.

Being a lisp-er of old, my first [*] reaction to this was that you've
implemented "car" and called it "cdr".  (Or, depending on where you
think the head of the list is, you've called "cadr" "cdr".)

Pushing that nit to the back of my brain ... this looks good.  It's
similar to something a sysadmin at my grad school had laboriously
implemented in csh with aliases and "source"d files, way back in '81
... that it took this long to show up in zsh is probably a testament
to the utility of the existing directory stack.

[*] Failed to mention this back in June when this thread started.  My
email access has been imperfect for a while because of a persistent
hardware problem with my home PC and lack of time to deal with same.