command line not refresh properly with wide chars when cursor would have been inside one

zsh -f
% echo ããã
% uuuuuu<up>
% echo ã    [cursor here]

if you type one more (or less, or three or five more) letters, the
line refreshes properly, but when it would have ended up in the middle
of a wide char, the line gets cut off. This has bothered me for quite
some time but I've never been able to figure out the exact
circumstances before. Verified in latest cvs and 4.3.6 with -f.

--
Mikael Magnusson