Re: zle_line_init_functions (Re: accept-line-and-down-history and push-input)

On Oct 31,  9:54pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} > I'd amend to suggest a second nameless widget that can't  be
} > replaced by "zle -N" whose purpose is to walk the array, following
} > the structure of your patch in user/15493 more closely.
}
} Alas, it still doesn't work. Because the widget is built-in, there's
} no point at which the zle parameters get added --- the hierarchy is
} builtin widget -> ordinary shell function

Ah, and hmm.  So there's no clever way to pull off the equivalent of
(pseudo-code):

    zle -N hook-runner (){ local f; for f in ... }

I.e., take an anonymous function that does what you want and make a
user-defined widget out of it?