Austin-Group discussion of semantics of export, local, etc.

Someone who can post to the austin-group list [*] might want to jump in
on this discussion.  It started with whether

export foo=bar

should treat foo=bar as an "assignment context" rather than an "argument
context" (zsh currently does the latter) but now has morphed into whether
"local" variables have static or dynamic scoping (Korn is arguing for
standardizing on static, but zsh implements dynamic and relies heavily
on it for the completion function suite).

[*] They've somehow confused my address and effectively rendered me a
read-only participant by not recognizing the origin of any mail I send.