Re: PATCH: edit-command-line: disable `monitor' option locally

On Apr 25,  4:55pm, Frank Terbeck wrote:
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
} [...]
} > What we need to figure out is why the suspend character has not been
} > successfully cleared for you (and for the people reporting this bug).
} > I believe it's zsetterm() in Src/Zle/zle_main.c that clears the VSUSP
} > field in the ttyinfo structure in my case.
}
} I didn't have time to look at this in the required detail.  Should I
} revert the change I made?  ...because evidently, it was not the right
} thing[tm] to do.

Hrm.  I had to look back through the thread ... the situation with
localoptions no_monitor is worse for me than without, and the whole
problem seems to come down to the editor stopping (sometimes itself)
without writing out its buffer, which is not something we can control
from within zsh.

I tried a few other things like putting the editor call in a while
loop, but I can't get that to behave any better.

So I reluctantly conclude that you ought to back out the change.