Re: Segfault while testing __git_files functions

On 27 April 2011 08:16, Benjamin R. Haskell <zsh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> While trying to come up with a minimal "do __git_tree_files when I say
> __git_files" example, I came upon an error that gives me a reproducible
> segfault.
>
> Attached test script can be run from `zsh -ldf`:
>
> host% . ./git-break.zsh
>
> It'll create a git repo, and prep it for the point where it'll break if you
> hit Tab.
>
> Stack trace attached.  (built from rev 348d284)

I wonder if this is the same crash as I have with the old git
completion, that also involved $PREFIX iirc. The top of the backtrace
looks quite similar too. Can you see if 'frame 2' says
#2  0x00007f2f68b38c84 in dupmatch (m=0x7f2f69be4298, nbeg=0, nend=0)
at compcore.c:3232
3232	 ztrdup(m->prpre);

(see also: http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2011/msg00391.html)

I would not have any complaints if anyone else fixed this btw :).

--
Mikael Magnusson