Re: Slowness issue with git completion

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 5:51 AM, Nikolai Weibull <now@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 06:19, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I suspect that if someone undertook to rewrite __git_files_relative
>
> Let’s instead remove it.

So much the better, now it's using only git operations.  Those who are
more active git-users than I should do the reviewing, though.

> Also, Bart, supplying -f to _multi_parts here doesn’t seem to have any
> effect on match highlighting.  Directories are shown the same as
> files.  This was something I asked about a long time ago that we were
> going to look at at a later date.  Perhaps that date has come?

See http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers//2010/msg00853.html (just so I can
be embarrassed again about the messed-up subject line).  I don't think
there's anything helpful to be done about _multi_parts, the coloring
is applied by the compadd builtin and the information it needs in
order to decide that something is a file is incompatible with the way
_multi_parts breaks up the strings.  Even if compadd could be called
the correct way, it will only color local stat-able files.

I hesitate to suggest this because it will be a lot of work for a
little shine, but you could try asserting a local value for ZLS_COLORS
in __git_files populated with pattern forms that produce the correct
coloring.