Re: When can we make a compromise in Git completion?

On Fri, May 06, 2011 at 02:01:20AM +0300, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> Why would I even try if the result of this work is going to the trash?
> First you tell me you would consider it for merging, then I will try
> it, no point otherwise.

I have dealt with projects where getting patches accepted is
difficult and aggravating, where patches get rejected for
ridiculous reasons like punctuation in commit logs, where
submitters give up after a few attempts and then the fixes
never make it into mainline.

This project is not one of those.

Provide a superior method and I'll be surprised if it gets
rejected because someone is being pigheaded or territorial.