Re: PATCH: Make _xset complete more helpfully

On May 12,  7:40pm, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
}
} Okay, I'll commit that then. So this means passing -o and non-option
} arguments is incorrect, as it is quite hard to type the leading - of a
} word that starts with a letter?

Seems so, yes.

} Reading the man page entry for
} _describe I get the impression it is supposed to show non-option
} arguments only as long as you don't type a -

Well, it says

     If the option `-o' appears before the first argument, the matches
     added will be treated as names of command options ...

So even if you add something that doesn't have a leading -, it's
treated as if it was supposed to have a leading -.  I guess you're
supposed to separate the option arguments from the non-option ones
and use _alternative so they have different tags.