Re: _make doesn't work in dirs with spaces

On 23 May 2011 03:10, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On May 21,  8:03pm, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> }
> } There's some (q) in there that maybe shouldn't be. Removing the one on
> } line 176 fixes completing in a directory with spaces, but I'm unsure
> } of the intention of it, and the others in the file.
>
> The one on line 176 just looks wrong and should probably be removed.

Okay, I'll remove this one.

> For those on lines 163 an 166, I wonder if they should be (D) ?

Doing that just made completing make -I/-f <tab> start in / instead of
the current dir. I can't make those two work for any combination of
none, (q) and (D) when the path has spaces, but regular completion
does get fixed by removing the one on 176. Maybe some additional
combination with (Q) is needed on the lines that use $~, but at this
point I'm just guessing.

I also just realized that the completer doesn't complete -options at
all, and it redefines the helper functions every time it's invoked.

--
Mikael Magnusson