ENBF or similar for making zsh etc aware of a programs' syntax? (was: "Re: minor annoyance with zsh and git flow" on -users)

Hi all,

moving to -workers and including full quote below.

Basically, my idea was to define a generic syntax file for programs,
potentially using ENBF. That could be used to (auto)build completions,
colour the prompt, syntax-check commands and scripts, automated tests,
automagic building/verification of piped commands and a ton of other
things. Also, this could be shared between various programs. zsh is
obviously my main concern, but I can see this being useful across
various tools and programs. If upstreams were to maintain these
definitions, all shells and other programs interacting with a piece of
software would be able to always know what to send to and expect,
eliminating version issues, etc.

This should probably be coordinated via/pushed to freedesktop.org at some point.

I am poking this issue once again as I just stumbled across something
that could also be solved by this approach:

~ % git config -l
zsh: correct 'config' to '.config'? [N/y/a/e] a
~ %

Feedback?
Richard

--