Re: Is there some postexec function?

On Jul 6, 10:28pm, Pascal Wittmann wrote:
}
} Thanks for clearing things up! I didn't knew about the edit/execute
} paradigm and I don't wont to subvert it, so I'll forget about my idea.

If your goal is to have both the command that was executed and its exit
status visible at the same time, you can save the command text somewhere
(or just use the history, which saves it for you) and then put that into
the new prompt along with the status when the line editor starts again.

Have a look at Functions/Prompts/prompt_bart_setup for an example,
although it has a bunch of other stuff to interoperate with the prompt
theme system that you may not need to mess with.