Re: Segfault in hist.c

On Jul 11,  1:56pm, Frank Terbeck wrote:
} Subject: Segfault in hist.c
}
} This just came up on IRC:
}
} zsh% alias foo=bar
} zsh% foo\<RET>
} > <C-c>
} zsh% <RET>
}  hist.c:1165: BUG: chline is NULL in hend()
} [1] 8401 segmentation fault (core dumped)  PS1="zsh%# " zsh -f

Well ... the problem is that the global inbufflags == INP_ALIAS which
means the shell believes it is still expanding "foo".  This causes it
to zero out everything when hbegin() is called, instead of allocating
a new chline etc., so when hend() is finally called ... boom.

What I don't follow is why inbufflags isn't getting cleared properly
on send-break ... because I can't figure out where it's ever cleared
at all.  I'm not very familiar with teh flow of control in input.c.