Re: PATCH: (5/3) _git: Make file-completion fallback optional

2011/6/30 Frank Terbeck <ft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Jonas asserted that not everyone may like _git to fall back to file name
> completion for sub-commands it doesn't know. This makes that behaviour
> configurable. See the comment on top of _git for details.
>
> The default is to *use* the fallbacke, since I am convinced that is the
> least surprising way to do handle these situations. But if you really
> dislike the fallback, now you can have it your way. With an indicator as
> to *why* nothing is being completed even.

I don’t think we should do it this way.  If a user doesn’t want files
to be completed, they should be disabling it with a zstyle.  I can’t
figure out how you do that best, but one way seems to be

zstyle ':completion:*:*:git-mysubcommand:*' file-patterns ''

That won’t display a message, though.