Re: Bug in zsh_directory_name_cdr completion?

On 3 August 2011 15:42, Nikolai Weibull <now@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> There seems to be a bug in zsh_directory_name_cdr_completion.  When
> trying to complete anything but the most recent directory, the
> completion fails with “no matches for `recent directory index'”.  That
> is, cd ~[1<Tab> works, but cd ~[8<Tab> doesn’t.
>
> Also, wouldn’t it be nice if cd ~[1]/<Tab> would offer completions
> under the most recent directory

Completing at this point works for me sometimes and sometimes not,
I've not yet been able to determine when it does and when it doesn't.
It would also be nice if cd ~[foo]<tab> produced a /.

> perhaps even expanding ~[1] to the
> directory’s name so that the history gets the benefit of the
> non-contextual directory name?

There's always the expand-word widget. (Which works for me even when
completion doesn't want to list the contents).

--
Mikael Magnusson