Re: Bug in zsh_directory_name_cdr completion?

On Thu, 4 Aug 2011 13:58:55 +0200
Nikolai Weibull <now@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 22:06, Peter Stephenson
> > On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 15:42:38 +0200
> > Nikolai Weibull <now@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >> Also, wouldn’t it be nice if cd ~[1]/<Tab> would offer completions
> >> under the most recent directory, perhaps even expanding ~[1] to the
> >> directory’s name so that the history gets the benefit of the
> >> non-contextual directory name?
>
> > The expansion bit should work already with the right completers.
>
> Shouldn’t expand-or-complete do this for me?  For some reason it seems
> that it wants to offer me parameters instead when pressing Tab at cd
> ~[1]/<Tab>.

Tilde completion has never triggered expansion here, and
expand-or-complete is a builtin function rather than a configurable
widget, so this is as expected.  Configuring the _expand
completer is possible.  I think setting the keep-prefix style to false
is enough to trigger expansion with that (unless you've got it
configured only to do substitutions).  We can make a more specific
style if it seems useful.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>            Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070                   Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Follow CSR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/CSR_PLC and read our blog at www.csr.com/blog