Re: ZSH crash on long command.

On Aug 24, 10:51am, Oleg Atamanenko wrote:
}
} I found that ZSH crashes when I try to execute long command.

Do you have AUTO_CD set, and if so does the crash still happen if you
unsetopt it?

Do you have CORRECT_ALL set, and if so does the crash still happen or
happen with a different backtrace if you unsetopt it?

You must have CORRECT set, so does the crash stop or does it happen
with a different backtrace when you unsetopt that?

} /usr/bin/zsh(spckword+0x9f3)[0x80bf603]

I don't see any obvious place in spckword where strings are being
copied into a fixed-size buffer.  (If the trace showed spname as the
crashing stack frame that would be a different matter; that function
assumes it can shuffle file paths through PATH_MAX-sized buffers on
the call stack.)

So I wonder if there's something about one of the path names in the
argument list -- perhaps a mis-handled multibyte conversion -- rather
than the length of the command, that is the underlying problem.