Re: pcre test failures

On 2011-10-26 at 11:30 -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> Or just this:

> -  zmodload zsh/pcre
> +  if ! zmodload zsh/pcre 2>/dev/null
> +  then
> +    ZTST_unimplemented="the zsh/pcre module is not available"
> +    return 0
> +  fi

That looks by far the best; applied, thanks.

Vin: sorry, I wasn't aware that there was a third state of "compiled but
empty" for the PCRE module, thought it was either not built or fully
featured.  (And yes, I did test the test before submitting it, though I
didn't test Bart's change, it's Obviously Right By Inspection (famous
last words)).

Peter: thanks for the cleanup in the .mdd file.

Okay, I believe, once more, that _now_ we have cleaned up all my mess
from PCRE/=~/UTF-8 changes.  Is there anything outstanding?

Is there anyone with a UTF8-aware system regexp library that can report
on that?  If such things exist, we likely need to metafy/unmetafy in the
regex module too (which is my fault).  If not, we can ignore it or fix
it anyway, knowing that there's no way to test that all the changes are
making it through -- I'd rather not fix until there's a platform to
_test_ changes on.

-Phil