Re: Adding tests for zle? The missing X series tests

On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 16:20:20 -0800
Felix Rosencrantz <f.rosencrantz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've attached draft versions of the incremental search tests, based on
> the suggestions of Bart and Peter. I just added on Peter's latest
> change, previously I was using a hard coded escape sequence.  The
> zletest file is based on comptest, and includes debugging code.  The
> test is flaky, so there might be some buffering issues, or I'm not
> properly reseting the state between tests.  (Or just confused on what
> to expect...)
>
> If you are interested in seeing what it does, you can add these under
> the Test directory and run: make TESTNUM=X check
>
> I would be interest in any feedback.  These are still draft condition,
> but might be of interest to anyone following this thread.

Thanks, I haven't looked at these yet but it occurred to me that even
with the ability to look at termcap sequences we're still restricted by
what capabilities the current terminal type offers, so the result will
vary according to the TERM variable --- I haven't defined a way of
intercepting tccan().  I suppose for full control that needs a zle -T
function too (it just needs to test the return value).

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>            Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070                   Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Follow CSR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/CSR_PLC and read our blog at www.csr.com/blog