Re: PATCH: Fix segfaults with exec options

On 2012-01-16 at 14:55 +0100, Frank Terbeck wrote:
> I've CC:ed Phil, who appears to be the original author of the code
> because I don't know the code very well and `execcmd()', being the 1000+
> lines function it is, intimidates me a little...

Erk.  Sorry.  :(  *blush*  Stupid mistake on my part.

> Maybe he (or someone else) has an idea about how to fix this at a more
> fundamental level. To me, my fix just plugs some holes with duct tape.

The "options for keywords" stuff is all a bit of a hack, since
fundamentally they're not supposed to take options, but bash does and
various tools assume you can ssh with certain command-line constructs,
so these were put in for interoperability.

Sorry for the lack of corner case analysis on my part.
--
https://twitter.com/syscomet