Re: Adding tests for zle? The missing X series tests

On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 16:20:20 -0800
Felix Rosencrantz <f.rosencrantz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've attached draft versions of the incremental search tests, based on
> the suggestions of Bart and Peter.

Finally got around to looking at this; it's certainly a great start.  I
imagine we're going to be looking for oddities for a while yet.  For me
it's failing on the test below -- which means it's run five
successfully, which is already better than I might have hoped.

I made a start on further changes to protect against termcap
variability (by intercepting tests for capabilities); the complication
is the need to intercept tclen, the length of the sequence, too, and I
haven't worked around that yet.  If VT100 turns out to be standard
enough --- or we have enough ways of forcing a termcap/terminfo
definition, though I have severe doubts about that given the
multiplicity of terminal libraries ---  maybe we don't need any more.

./X01isearch.ztst: starting.
*** /tmp/zsh.ztst.out.8659	Sun Jan 29 18:38:10 2012
--- /tmp/zsh.ztst.tout.8659	Sun Jan 29 18:38:10 2012
***************
*** 1,2 ****
! echo 123 abc
! failing bck-i-search: abc_
--- 1,2 ----
! echo <FG 2><BG 1>abc<FG 9><BG 9>
! bck-i-search: abc_
Test ./X01isearch.ztst failed: output differs from expected as shown above for:
 zletesteval 'fc -R historyX01'
 zletest $'\C-Rabc\C-R\C-R\C-R\C-R'
Was testing: Verify incremental search failed fifth match
./X01isearch.ztst: test failed.
0 successful test scripts, 1 failure, 0 skipped
make: *** [check] Error 1