Re: Native Windows port, introduction.

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 19:26:52 +0100
Fabio Fabbri <oldfaber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So I started the effort of porting zsh version 4.3.17 to native Windows
> (i.e. using libc and Win32 calls).
>
> - Are you interested in this effort ?

Thanks, most of the differences don't look they're a problem to
incorporate.  You probably don't need the config.status -d changes,
though, they should only be useful for debugging.

> The port is based on two older projects: the very old port of zsh 3.0.5
> to Windows by Amol Deshpande, and the Windows native port of tcsh
> (version 6.17 as a base). I made _a lot_ of modifications to the sources,
> and got a working port of zsh 3.0.8 that I called 3.0.8.1.

We'll need to be careful about the licences of anything we include.  I
presume the 3.0.5 changes are under the normal zsh licence, but tcsh is
probably different.