Re: Translating my Character Index into yodl-format

On Sat, 15 Sep 2012 11:54:21 -0700
Jesse Weinstein <jesse@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm trying to translate my Character Index
> ( http://zshwiki.org/home/docs/charindex ) into yodl format so it can be
> included with (and easily link to) the main zsh documentation. But I'm
> running into difficulties figuring out what yodl tags to use. I've
> looked at the yodl manual here: http://yodl.sourceforge.net/yodl.html
> and the yodl source of the zsh docs, here:
> http://zsh.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=zsh/zsh;a=tree;f=Doc;hb=HEAD
>
> I've figured out how to add a node to the docs (although I may have done
> it wrong).
>
> My beginning of an effort is below, in the file Doc/Zsh/kbdidx.yo
>
> texinode(Keyboard Index)()(User Contributions)(Top)
> ifnztexi(sect(Keyboard Index))
>
> subsect(A)
> startitem()
> item(tt(-A))( Thing )
> enditem()
> subsect(B)
> startlist()
> list(tt(abc))
> list(tt(de))
> endlist()

I don't see anything obviously wrong with what you've got.  Yodl isn't
all that flexible without a lot of customisation, and you're doing the
right sort of thing.  I suspect most of us do very little other than
copy and modify what's there already.

pws

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Follow CSR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/CSR_PLC and read our blog at www.csr.com/blog