Re: Bug with emulation in completion?

> On Nov 22, 10:41am, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> }
> } _foo_1 () {
> }   emulate -L zsh
> }   _arguments '--one' '--two'
> } }
> }
> } compdef _foo_1 foo
>
> The completion system sets up a very specific setopt state that all the
> supplied completion functions such as _arguments expect to have in scope
> at the time they are run.
>
> There have recently been some changes that would allow that state to be
> made "sticky" for individual functions, so that it is automatically put
> in place when they are called, but that is only available in development
> builds of the shell at this point (and hasn't actually been applied to
> the completion functions even there AFAIK).
>
> The workaround is to introduce an additional function scope for the new
> emulation state that you need, call that, and then call _arguments after
> it returns (where the previous state will have been restored).  In recent
> zsh releases you can do that with an anonymous scope like so:
>
> _foo_1 () {
>   () {
>     emulate -L zsh
>     : do something you need to do
>   }
>   _arguments '--one' '--two'
> }
>
> In older zsh you'll have to explicitly declare a second function to be
> called from within _foo_1.

That's not what I need.

_foo_2 () {
  emulate -L zsh
 _arguments '--one' '--two'
}

_foo_3 () {
  : different stuff
}

_foo_1 () {
  emulate -L ksh
  : do something
  _foo_$1
}

So now instead of simply doing 'emulate -L zsh' on the few functions
that I'm interested in, I have to shuffle around to code so that ksh
and zsh code doesn't mix together =/

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras