Re: Access to CVS

On 2012-12-04 at 17:32 -0500, Vin Shelton wrote:
> Can anyone access zsh.cvs.sourceforge.net?  I'm seeing:
>
> cvs [update aborted]: reading from server: Connection reset by peer
>
> when I try to do a cvs update.

Works with :ext: stuff such that it's going over SSH.

The rsync interface for cloning the CVS tree is working fine.  My local
copy of the tree is intact and updates fine.  (It does so via cron,
normally, but I just forced a zsh-specific verbose run and rsync ran
without issues).

Perhaps the CVS-on-wire protocol server has issues; can you switch to
SSH-based access?

(zsh is about the only thing I still use CVS for; FWIW, if folks do ever
 decide to switch, I don't much care which DVCS is chosen (git, hg,
 whatever) but would appreciate such a switch.  Any hope of the git
 mirror becoming the official master repo?)

-Phil