Re: Access to CVS

At 11:07 -0800 15 Dec 2012, Wayne Davison <wayned@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It's always good to view your own commit to double-check it, and to also to check for missed files. So I'd suggest adding "git show" after "git commit -a" (that lets you look over your latest commit)

It's even nicer to look it over before committing.  For that I've done:

 git config --global alias.ci 'commit -v'

Then I always use `git ci` rather than `git commit`. This causes the diff of what I'm going to be committing to be included in the file where I create the commit message, so I can look it over there.

This can also help for editing the commit message by having modified functions included in the edit buffer so that their names are available for completion if I want to mention them in the message.