Re: bug with eval, proc-subst and pipes

On Jul 15,  2:35pm, Stephane Chazelas wrote:
} Subject: bug with eval, proc-subst and pipes
}
} NOK$ eval 'paste <(echo 1) <(echo 2) <(echo 3) <(echo 4)' | cat
} paste: /proc/self/fd/13: No such file or directory

It's a race condition of some kind.  I can reproduce reliably with

% (){ sleep 5; paste "$@" } <(echo 1)

even without an "eval".

I believe this is happening because zsh asynchronously gets the child
exited signal for (echo 1) and immediately reaps it and therefore closes
its descriptors, but I don't have direct evidence.