Re: zpty non-functional?

On Aug 24,  2:44pm, Valodim Skywalker wrote:
}
} I tested on 4.3.11 and 5.0.2 with and without -b, and couldn't get any
} sort of data through the cat process. Am I missing something? Or is zpty
} borked?

The completion system tests in "make check" rely on zpty, so it's quite
definitely not borked in the general case.  However ...

} $ zpty x cat
} $ echo hello | zpty -w x
} $ zpty -r x

A quick check with "ps"/"strace" indicates that "cat" is being stopped with
a TTIN signal.  That's kind of odd, it means that in spite of being on a
new pty it is not being "attached" to that tty as group leader.  I would say
this is in fact a bug in zpty.