Re: Bug: Completion of the 'zsh' command.

On Thu, 10 Oct 2013 12:41:13 -0700
> (1) The patch I already sent, which assures that this call to _message
> happens late enough for $compstate[nmatches] to be valid.

Perhaps combining this with a note in compsys.yo about this side effect
to _message and hence also of _arguments when displaying messages would
cover enough bases.  For _arguments the caveat is perhaps more what you
said early --- that it doesn't espect to be combined arbitrarily with
other forms of completion ("arbitrarily" because it does have ways of
returning control to the caller to take the next steps).

pws