Re: PATCH: add more ulimit extensions from BSDs

On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 08:29:30 -0700
> On Oct 30, 10:59am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> } Subject: Re: PATCH: add more ulimit extensions from BSDs
> }
> } > while sh's ulimit -a describes them as
> } >
> } >   kqueues                         (-k)  unlimited
> } >
> } > and DragonFly only has
> } >
> } >   posixlocks                      (-k)  unlimited
> }
> } Thanks for the changes... are we sure that posixlocks and kqueues are
> } mutually incompatible, or should we move one to -K via #define's if both
> } exist?
>
> It makes me nervous to have two limits on the same option letter even if
> they are not mutually incompatible.  Lots of people (including me) have
> "portable" RC files.

Yes, having versions of zsh incompatible with one another is probably a
much bigger problem than having it incompatible with other shells in a
case where some form of incompatibility is unavoidable.

In the absence of other suggestions(*) I think I'll just turn posixlocks
itno -K (but note the incompatibility in the manual).

pws

(*) I nearly said "absent other suggestions".  What is the world coming
to? (**)

(**) I don't need a "tongue in cheek" marker, do I?  They take ages to
draw.