Re: While on the subject of expansion ...

On Dec 27, 10:05am, Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} I noticed that the built-in expand-word widget also mishandles the case
} with a backslashed quote.

Tangentially related, and mentioning it just so it's on the record in
case I forget about it later:  The "compfiles" builtin is confused by
files whose names contain backslashes.  This is another pathological
case that may not be worth expending much effort.