Re: Directory and command name conflicts

On Mar 18, 10:27pm, Kenzie Togami wrote:
}
} zsh tries to be helpful with cd'ing by checking to see if the command you
} fired is a directory, and cd's there automagically.

It does that only if you have the AUTO_CD option set.

} However, it doesn't check to see if there is a command first.

Yes, it does, but:

} So, in my case, I had just installed gradle but had a folder called
} gradle so it would always open the folder and not launch gradle.

When you install a new binary, you have to tell zsh to reload its
lookup table of command names by giving the command:

    rehash

Thereafter it will find the command gradle before the directory gradle.