Re: Shellshock in zsh

On Thu, 25 Sep 2014 09:29:08 -0400
Boyan Penkov <boyan.penkov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I’m writing to ask about zsh and Shellshock.  Since bash is affected,
> is zsh affected as well?  Two of us took a look, and we think it may
> be.
>
> Specifically, following these steps —
> https://access.redhat.com/articles/1200223 — in zsh 5.0.6 on OS 10.9.5
> and zsh 5.0.2 on OS 10.9.4 yields the “vulnerable” output.

No, it isn't.  See the existing thread starting at:

http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2014/msg01016.html

(Hmmm... as the "steps" involve executing bash I'd have thought it was
obvious you needed to try with bash -> zsh inside the command line, but
apparently it isn't.  Is there anyone from redhat not already running
round in circles that would be able to make that clearer?)

pws

--
Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx>  Principal Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 434724                Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre