_arguments not works as expected. Bug?

I noticed when I use _arguments with -s ("more than one option per word") I see different behaviour
for "single-option" words completion and "multi-option":

#compdef testcmd
_arguments -s \
    "(-q --quiet -v --verbose)"{-v,--verbose} \
    "(-v --verbose)"{\*-q,\*--quiet}

# *-q used for better clearness

% testcmd -q <tab> producing only -q completion as expected (as -q excludes only -v), but:
% testcmd -q<tab> offered both -q and -v (why?)

Maybe I miss something, but I see no reason to allow -qv in this case, but to not allow -q -v.

--
Regards,
  Vasiliy Ivanov <beelzebubbie.logs@xxxxxxxxx>