Re: _expand_alias does not expand aliases that contain an "!"

On Wed, 1 Oct 2014 15:03:24 +0100
Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On possible fix would be to add a separate variable to remember the
> original ISPECIAL bit for bangchar (which would be transferable if
> bangchar became a different character) and restore it at this point if
> this isn't the original setting up of typtab --- which is where the last
> two tests really make sense.  So only the first two tests would remain
> here in all cases.  That may seem a bit baroque given no other character
> needs this, but it makes the code relatively insensitive to context.

Immediately after hitting "Send"(*), it occurred to me this just needs
to be another bit in the typtab element, ISPECIAL_ORIGINALLY, though we
still need to tell the code at this point whether or not this is the
original case (easy enough).

pws

(*) Which, in claws-mail, has an arrow pointing "up".  I'm not sure
that feels intuitively right.  It's not air mail.  You didn't need
to read this bit.