Re: reproducing release tarball for 5.0.7

On Thu, 09 Oct 2014 23:34:20 +0200
Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I had to copy texinfo.tex in from the automake-1.13 directory manually
> for the make everything in Doc/ to complete. After that I ran into
> this;
>
> % make targz-doc
> Processing directory ./Config...
> Processing directory ./Etc...
> mkdir -m 755 -p -- [...]/zsh-5.0.7/./Etc
> ./Util/mkdisttree.sh: can't find file ./Etc/FAQ*.html
> make: *** [zsh-5.0.7-doc.tar.gz] Error 1
> Makefile:401: recipe for target 'zsh-5.0.7-doc.tar.gz' failed
>
> So I tried
> % cd Etc
> % make
> cd . && yodl2txt FAQ.yo && mv -f FAQ.txt FAQ
> FAQ.yo:1: Can't read `txt'
> /usr/bin/yodl indicates failure!
> make: *** [FAQ] Error 1
> Makefile:191: recipe for target 'FAQ' failed
>
> Which is a confusing error message.

You need a texinfo installation to make the docs, which should be
available as a package.

I've run across the missings dependency for making the FAQ before, but
if Yodl is set up actually making it should be unproblematic.  There may
be some version mixing or installation problem --- I can see the same
problem here, but it works at home.  We don't depend on the normal Yodl
converters in the main documentation which is why this is hard to
provoke.  It seems to be a path problem --- it's not looking in
/usr/share/yodl, but if I copy those files locally it works.

pws

--
Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx>  Principal Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 434724                Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre