Re: _history_complete_{newer,older} complains on "unmat ched" in _all_labels if globbing

On Oct 22,  3:08am, Vasiliy Ivanov wrote:
}
} % typeset -a somevariable
} % somevariable=(1 2 3)
}
} % *mevar<_history-complete-older> (completed properly, 2 items suggested - 'somevariable=(' and
} 'somevariable', guessed because expand prefix suffix style)
}
} but fires hundreds of messages:
} _all_labels:39: closing brace expected
} ...
} _all_labels:39: unmatched '
} ...
} _all_labels:39: unmatched "
}
} reproducible with any globbing syntax, zsh 5.0.7

There's something else about your configuration that you're not telling
us, because I can't get any completions at all for *mevar unless I
"setopt globcomplete", and I don't get any error messages even with
that set.

Line 39 of _all_labels is

    "${(@)argv[4,__pre]}" "${(P@)2}" "${(@)argv[__suf,-1]}" && __ret=0

which ends up substituting into something like

     +_all_labels:39> compadd -1 -V -default- -X '%SCompleting %Uhistory word%u%s' -Q -a 'historywords[beg,beg+slice]'
     +_all_labels:39> __ret=0

(though in your case the assignment to __ret is likely not happening)