Re: PATCH: key bindings, fixes, docs, tests for vi stuff

On 11/20/2014 06:20 PM, Mikael Magnusson wrote:

If you use dev versions of zsh, you will sometimes need to manually purge your .zwc files as they're not compatible across some code changes. We bump the version on release and avoid loading them in that case, but when running code from git there is no way to detect this currently. (I suppose we could stick the patchlevel in there, but that would invalidate the wordcode needlessly often).
Thanks for the tip.  I trust these files are rebuilt at some point?
Anyway, I deleted all of them and:

pts/13 HP-y5--5-Debian1 root /aMisc/Ray1 $ git pull
zsh-5.0.7-86-ga3cc409
Already up-to-date.

pts/13 HP-y5--5-Debian1 root /aMisc/Ray1 $ make -s
zsh-5.0.7-86-ga3cc409
`stamp-modobjs' is up to date.

pts/13 HP-y5--5-Debian1 root /aMisc/Ray1 $ Src/zsh
zsh-5.0.7-86-ga3cc409
6: text.c:865: unknown word code in gettext2()
1: text.c:865: unknown word code in gettext2()
7: text.c:865: unknown word code in gettext2()
8: text.c:865: unknown word code in gettext2()

... and when I try the same completion as above, the errors are just the same.