Re: Interrupts in completion, traps in _main_complete

On Tue, 9 Dec 2014 11:26:47 +0000
Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Dec 2014 20:43:10 -0800
> Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 8,  8:27pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> > } I'm probably missing a lot, but it struck me that if you're aborting out
> > } of completion completely, as it were, then the stuff that doesn't get
> > } executed doesn't typically matter all that much.  The stuff you really
> > } want to get right on exit --- options, IFS, etc. --- is already local.
> >
> > I'm looking at LISTPROMPT, MENUPROMPT, MENUSCROLL, MENUSELECT, MENUMODE,
> > and ZLS_COLORS.  Of which I guess only ZLS_COLORS gets reset right now,
> > but on an interrupt even it won't get restored.
>
> I don't really understand what's going on with ZLE_COLORS, however.  In
> the majority of cases it just seems to be saved and restored as if it
> were local.  The only exception seems to be if the show-ambiguity style
> is set it gets saved for use in another completion.  What is it about
> show-ambiguity that requires this?  Is it so that if we redisplay a
> listing without going through _main_complete again it appears correct?

Came in in zsh-workers/12029, currently

http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2000/msg02851.html

I think the only relevant facts in the associated email are that colour
handling "should be cleaner now" and that it should have been in a
separate patch.

The simultaneous change in _setup looks like it's relevant.  It's been
rewritten not to use ZLS_COLORS from before, but it will set the
_comp_colors that subsequently gets saved into ZLS_COLORS.

In summary: er, well, yeah.

pws